Kat and I had a girl’s night last night while Daddy-O was at the Stanford/ASU game. We baked homemade mac/cheese (her all-time favorite meal) and settled on the animated version of A Christmas Carol for after dinner entertainment.
But what of dessert?
Ice cream? Too cold.
Popcorn? Too last Friday night.
Baked S’mores? Why, yes, please and thank you!
These are pretty much a no-brainer. You don’t really need a recipe. Just keep your eyes on the s’mores at all times lest they quickly turn to ash under the broiler.
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate pieces (Hershey, Dove, you choose)
- Parchment paper for easy clean-up
- Pre-heat broiler to 500° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break crackers in half, placing one half on baking sheet and reserve other half to top your S’more. (Or, bake both sides and eat them open-faced.) Place one marshmallow on each cracker. Heat under broiler until tops of marshmallows are golden brown. Turn off oven and remove pan.
- Top melted marshmallow with the chocolate pieces of your choice. For these I used dark chocolate Dove candies.
- Slide pan back in the oven for 25 -30 seconds, or until chocolate starts to melt.
- Remove and top with remaining graham cracker halves to complete your S’mores.