It’s hot. So. Very. Hot. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I live in a desert. I know. Quit my complaining. But I am better suited for something a little more temperate. Oh, who am I kidding. I’m better suited to someplace cold. But, to be honest, we’re headed off to spend a good bit of the summer in Michigan, so I really should just count my blessings. Except right now there are about 108 reasons to hate life and I’m singularly focused on all of them. All 108 really hot, miserable reasons! Unless, of course, I make lemonade. In that case, I can and will sit happily under the AC vents sipping this most delicious beverage….counting the days until we’re outta here. I know it’s been hot pretty much everywhere, so make this. It’s cool. Enjoy!
Fizzy Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 12-ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 25-ounce bottles sparkling water
- 8 to 10 fresh strawberries, hulled
- lemon slices, optional
- Place the frozen concentrate in a pitcher and mix according to the label directions, replacing water with the sparkling water.
- Put the strawberries in a blender and puree until very smooth. Mix the strawberry puree into the lemonade.
- Garnish with lemon slices (if desired) and serve.