Isn’t everything better with chocolate? I think so. This banana bread recipe is my go-to. I don’t make any other kind, which is certainly limiting my experiences in terms of delicious banana breads. But this one is so popular at my house, why go and change things? I usually make this in the traditional loaf pan, but Kat had a great idea to make Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Muffins! To a 5-year-old, this must seem like a single serving of heaven – no one telling you can have half a piece of banana bread. Note the baking time in the recipe remains for a traditional loaf pan. For the muffins, I eyeballed it, but about 2o minutes or so should do it. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c mashed, ripe banana (approx 3 medium bananas)
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/4 c milk
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pkg (4 oz) sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Stir eggs, bananas, oil, and milk until well blended. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir until just moistened.
- Stir in chocolate and pour into greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack.